tirsdag 11. september 2012

Hunger




Et lite utdrag fra novellen "Hunger" av Jean Rhys:

On the third day one feels sick: on the fourth, one starts crying very easily... A bad habit that; it sticks.
On the fifth day...
You awaken with a feeling of detachment; you are calm and godlike. It is to attain to that state that religious people fast.
Lying in bed, my arms over my eyes, I despise, utterly, my futilie struggles of the last two years. What on earth have I been making such a fuss about. What does it matter, anyway? Woman are always ridiculous when they struggle.
It is like being suspended over a precipice. You cling for dear life with people walking on your fingers. Women do not only walk they stamp.
Primitive beings, most women (Rhys 1992:43).

Bildet av er vakre Jean Rhys som ung. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar